Position Summary: The Senior Program Manager (Sr. PM) is responsible for cultivating the customer experience and business relationships. The Sr. PM serves as the primary program point of contact for the customer and manages all contractual issues including any changes within the program. The Sr. PM leads integrated program teams and facilitates the communication and interaction amongst the internal function representatives, the customers, and the suppliers.
The Sr. PM serves the following roles:
3.Problem Resolution and Risk Management
4.Monitor and manage program execution
5.Oversee project profit and loss
- Seek and identify new opportunities for additional business and revenue streams.
- Take the lead role in new proposals, from the initial launch strategy through fact-finding and negotiations.
- Ensure customer contract and Sechan proposal are in agreement.
- Communicate customer requirements effectively to the rest of the organization.
- Establish the project plan and assign accountability for all major milestones, action items, and customer deliverables.
- Facilitate project schedules and manage schedule risk activities to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Articulate the financial success and/or shortcomings at the project level. Initiate financial risk mitigation or employ lessons learned to improve long term profitability.
- Recommend and/or lead efforts to improve existing business processes and initiatives.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a relevant government security clearance.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support company objectives
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a technical, business, or financial discipline.
- Knowledge of program management tools and procedures with a minimum of 10 years of experience including bringing new products into production.
- Proven innovated skills through new product/process development projects.
- Demonstrates people management skills, leadership skills, and conflict resolution skills. Strong team player with demonstrated ability to lead people in high-performance teams.
- Strong customer focus.
- Talented proposal writer and enjoys mentoring as a proposal reviewer. Demonstrated capability of leading captures greater than $5M in value.
- General knowledge of business contracts, laws, and ethics.
- General knowledge of operations, including scheduling, procurement, manufacturing, test engineering, and quality systems.
- Led significant corporate process improvement projects or initiatives.
- General knowledge of finance, including income statements, balance sheets, and return on investment analysis, etc.
- Understanding of earned value management practices and reporting through demonstrated efforts on programs in excess of $1M.
- Maintains current in the Program Management and Industry through memberships and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Strong influence-management, negotiation, and assertiveness skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Commitment to company values and employee development.
- Willingness and able to travel.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office suite and other sequel database products as-required).
- Office and manufacturing area
- Hours 9/80 - 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Thursday; 7:30-4:30 Friday; occasional backshift hours as needed.